Vanished: Left Behind the Next Generation is an upcoming film that will be loosely based on Left Behind: The Kids with a new storyline and characters. Instead of the usual Cloud Ten Pictures or the new Stoney Lake Entertainment, this adaptation is produced by Echolight Studios along with Salt Entertainment Group and Triple Horse Studios. Tim LaHaye's grandson Randy LaHaye is part of the production team played as Nicolae Carpathia. The film was released on a limited one-day threatical release on September 28th, 2016 through Fathom events at select theatres before being released to DVD on November 15h, 2016.
Characters from the Series:
- Keely Wilson as Claire Harlow
- Tom Everett Scott as Damon
- Jackson Hurst as Eric Harlow
- Brigid Brannagh as Sarah
- Rachel Hendrix as Rachel
- Nick Caruso as Eugene
- William Mark McCullough as Dwayne
- Chip Lane as Rex Hargrove
- Daniel Nickels as a Street Musician
- Nicole Davis as a Pedestrian
- Faye Foley as an Actress
- Claire Weinstein as a Bystander
- Luis Costa Jr. as a Gangster
- Lisa Lamb as a Cashier
- Glenn D. Bridges as a Bus Passenger
In the September 2016 issue of Faith Filled Family Magazine, Randy LaHaye gave an interview and said that he was actually inspired by the Twilight vampire movie series in saying: "While I was watching Twilight, God gave me the idea to use those kids books and take some points out of them. I would create a brand new, fresh, YA version of Left Behind so that it could really speak to today's kids."
His grandfather Tim LaHaye was able to see a screening of the film before his passing and Randy reflected by saying "One of the proudest moments of my life was when my grandfather saw the movie and told me afterwards, "Finally, there's a movie about Left Behind that captured what made the books so successful.""
- This is the first Left Behind film to not be connected to Cloud Ten Pictures
- With an estimated budget of $2,000,000, this is ironically the cheapest Left Behind film adaptation to be made when compared with the other four.
- This film was released two years after the 2014 reboot and though they not connected, they could be seen as parallel as to the events of the Rapture.