|Book Series||Left Behind: The Kids|
|Author||Tim LaHaye, Jerry B. Jenkins|
|Release Date||July 1998|
|Preceded By||The Vanishings|
|Followed By||Through the Flames|
Synopsis retrieved from back of the book.
Faced with the truth behind the disappearances, Judd, Vicki, Lionel, and Ryan have decisions to make. Will they accept Christ's forgiveness, or will they blame God for abandoning them and taking away their families?
While the others are making their decisions, Lionel gets a disturbing message from his Uncle Andre. Afraid his uncle is going to take his own life, Lionel rushes to Chicago, praying he'll reach Andre before it's too late.
- Judd Thompson Jr. (becomes a believer)
- Vicki Byrne (becomes a believer)
- Lionel Washington (becomes a believer)
- Rayford Steele (becomes a believer)
- Chloe Steele (becomes a believer)
- Bruce Barnes
- Ryan Daley
- LeRoy Banks
- Cornelius Grey
- Talia Grey (first appearance)
- Andre Dupree
- Nicolae Jetty Carpathia
- Unknown man in the morgue (confirmed death, body only)
- Judd becomes a believer.
- Vicki becomes a believer.
- Lionel becomes a believer.
- First appearance of Talia Grey.
- Vicki's trailer is burned down.
- LeRoy Banks and his associates take over Lionel's house to get revenge against Andre Dupree.
- Ryan's house remains intact except for one break-in by an unknown burglar.
- Everyone moves together to live in Judd's house at the end of book 2.
- Ryan now has Marc Thompson's room.