Wikia

Left Behind Wiki

Global Community

Talk0
559pages on
this wiki
Global Community Logo
Global Community
Organization TypeAutocratic totalitarian theocratic dictatorship one-world government
Formerly Known AsUnited Nations
Main HeadquartersNew Babylon, Iraq
Head Of StateNicolae Carpathia
Governing AreaEntire world
Monetary UnitGlobal Community Dollar, later known as the Nick
Religious AffiliationEnigma Babylon One World Faith, later Carpathianism
Duration7 years
CreatedA month or so after Rapture
DissolvedDay of Glorious Appearing
Replaced ByKingdom of Christ


The Global Community is a fictional worldwide government led by Nicolae Carpathia, who was its Supreme Potentate. It was transformed from the United Nations after the Rapture when Nicolae took power, and moved to New Babylon where its main headquarters were until the plague of darkness from the fifth Bowl Judgment fell upon it. Ten subpotentates were chosen to rule ten governing districts of the world, with Peacekeepers and Morale Monitors dispatched to enforce order among the citizenry. It had direct control over all forms of media and all media corporations (newspapers, television networks, etc.) and also some level of control over all forms of industry. It used the Nick as its standard form of currency until the cashless "mark of loyalty" system was put into place.

The Global Community's intended goal was to encourage a peaceful coexistence among the nations and the people as they willfully destroyed 90 percent of their weapons and donated the remaining 10 percent to the Global Community. However, it fell into tyranny when Nicolae was resurrected from the dead and declared himself to be God, enforcing a state religion called Carpathianism that required the citizenry to bear a "mark of loyalty" and to worship the Potentate's image three times a day, with failing to do so punishable by death. It also waged war against those who refused to take the "mark of loyalty", which included Christians, Jews, Muslims, and unbelieving rebels. Dissent eventually spread among the once-loyal citizens who began to see Carpathia as he really is—a tyrant. It was dissolved at the second coming of Jesus Christ and with the destruction of New Babylon.

Regional districts

This is a fictional map of the Global Community, using references from the Left Behind books. According to The Indwelling, Greece was appropriated from Europe by the United Carpathian States. In Desecration, Romania was confirmed to be part of the United Carpathian States as well. Also after World War III, all of Alaska's oil fields were appropriated by the GC, so Alaska is marked as jointly owned by the United Carpathian States and the United North American States.

Note: These are mainly estimates. Any errors found will be corrected promptly. It is assumed all US Pacific territories, Hawaii included, were annexed by the United Pacific States. The ten districts are mentioned as:

Global Community Map 2


Members

Name Job Joined in Quit Died Cause of Death Loyalty
Nicolae Jetty Carpathia Supreme Potentate; Most High One The Regime N/A Midpoint of tribulation; Glorious Appearing Stabbed; Banished Loyal
Leonardo "Leon" Fortunato Supreme Commander; High Reverend of Carpathianism The Regime N/A Wrath of the Lamb; Glorious Appearing Building Collapse; Banished Loyal until the end
Vivian "Viv Ivans" Ivinisova Unspecified The Regime N/A Glorious Appearing Crushed by giant hailstone (Dramatic Audio) Loyal
Suhail Akbar Unspecified; Peacekeeper General Unknown N/A Glorious Appearing Killed by Carpathia's orders Loyal
Loren Hut Moral Monitor Captain Unknown N/A The Remnant's Escape Killed by Carpathia Loyal
Walter Moon Most High One's Secretary; Supreme Commander Unknown N/A The Remnant's Escape Executed Loyal
David Hassid Head of Management Unknown The Remnant's Escape The Remnant's Escape KIA Unloyal, Mole
Aurelio Sequoia Figueroa Unspecified; Head of Management Unknown N/A Loyal
Chaim Rosenzweig Nicolae's Council; Unspecified Left Behind The Midpoint of Tribulation
Stephen "Steve" Plank Manager of Media and Public Affairs Left Behind Wrath of the Lamb During Christian Hunt Executed Loyal (In this case)
Stephen "Steve" Plank (As Pinkerton Stephens) Moral Monitor and Peacekeeper Base Leader Nicolae During Christian Hunt During Christian Hunt Executed Unloyal, Mole (In this case)
Abdullah "Smitty" Abdenah Pilot of Condor 216; Pilot of Phoenix 216 Unknown The Remnant's Escape Unloyal, Mole
Montgomery Clebourn "Mac" McCullum Pilot of Global Community 1; Pilot of Condor 216; Pilot of Phoenix 216 Unknown The Remnant's Escape Unloyal, Mole
Hannah Palemoon Nurse; Head Nurse; Head of Medical Unknown The Remant's Escape Unloyal, Mole
Ming Wong/Toy/Woo BFFR Guard Unknown Unspecific time Unloyal
Mr. Wong Unspecified Unknown N/A

During Christian Hunt

Executed Unloyal
Chang Wong Technology Manager Desecration During Darkness Bowl Judgment Unloyal, Mole

Around Wikia's network

Random Wiki